Ad Operations Specialist
Schiefer Chopshop, in Irvine, California, is stirring things up and getting noticed. In October 2016 a 32 year old media agency and a 13 year-old creative/content studio combined to bring together killer creative and storytelling with best-in-class media strategy, planning, buying, measurement, and reporting. 1 year in and SCS is already winning awards [a series of Gold Addy’s and a Webby] for its work. The only thing missing is you.
Fancy joining a passionate family of creators, innovators, strategists, tacticians, problem solvers and fun havers – a family that works hard, for great global brands, in an awesome studio environment?
SCS is seeking an Ad Operations Specialist with an understanding of the digital media landscape. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding and experience setting up digital media campaigns across platforms. The primary responsibility of the Ad Operations Specialist will be to guide and direct flawless tracking and campaign implementation for a global telecommunications brand. Candidates should be ready to take initiative on projects, identify issues, and help agency to develop a campaign setup process that can be applied across all media clients. The Ad Operations Specialist will very much empowered to have a serious impact on SCS’s approach to media operations across the brands SCS represents. This role reports to the Media Director and SVP, Media.
- Work closely with media planning and client team to coordinate implementation of ad-serving (trafficking), rich media, setup of GTM floodlight tags, event setup in Google Analytics, and all other advertising technologies involved in management of the client’s campaign.
- Responsible for ensuring proper campaign launch, thorough QA of all media channels and able to troubleshoot and resolve all technical issues as they arise.
- Test, set up and optimize across media channels [DCM, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, AdWords]
- Collaborate with advertising partners and media publishers across platforms to implement and oversee advertising tagging implementation of campaigns on desktop/mobile, video and social channels
- Monitor campaign delivery and work with Digital Media Analyst on regular reporting to internal team and external client team.
- Works with internal or external client teams to recommend necessary creative changes based on campaign analytics.
- Identify process inefficiencies and ways to improve operations workflow
- Keep up to date on industry changes, technologies, channel benchmarks for client’s industry
You are the kind of person who:
- Is skilled at listening to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them
- Is a quick learner who loves to pick up new tools / technology for reporting and analysis
- Good technical communicator – can easily work with website developers
- People person – can work with Account, Media and Analytics team members to plan and optimize campaigns for performance
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs
- Demonstrates an agile mindset to embrace, and successfully handle fluid landscapes with the ability to stay cool under pressure
- Creative problem solver, self-motivated and driven
- Works until the work of the moment is done. May be after 5pm from time to time.
- Knowledge and experience with DCM, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads Manager and Google AdWords
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Thought leader in campaign implementation and standard media measurement
- Ability to access and interpret data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey and package technical findings in layman’s terms
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines. Execute high-quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently and exercise sound judgment
- Passionate about Digital Marketing
- 2-3 years of experience in digital ad tech, technical operations, media campaign management
- Experience with media planning and ad serving systems
- Working knowledge of ad tech operations, tagging configurations and container solutions
- Experience defining media goals and KPIs
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with media platforms, vendors and processes
- Competence with necessary software platforms for successful completion of duties
- Ability to organize and track client campaigns and projects
- Initiative to analyze resource needs and assist teams to meet milestones
To be considered, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Schiefer Chopshop is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.