Digital Media Analyst
Schiefer Chopshop, in Irvine, California, is stirring things up and getting noticed. In October 2016 a 32 year old media agency and a 13 year-old creative/content studio combined to bring together killer creative and storytelling with best-in-class media strategy, planning, buying, measurement, and reporting. 1 year in and SCS is already winning awards [a series of Gold Addy’s and a Webby] for its work. The only thing missing is you.
Fancy joining a passionate family of creators, innovators, strategists, tacticians, problem solvers and fun havers – a family that works hard, for great global brands, in an awesome studio environment?
SCS is seeking a Digital Media Analyst with an understanding of the media landscape. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of digital metrics from both a brand and direct response perspective, as well as a track record of successfully managing campaign reporting across a mix of digital clients. In this role, the Digital Media Analyst will be responsible for interpreting and reporting on all digital media for a global telecommunications brand. Your reporting will directly translate into an action plan to ensure the success of our client’s media campaigns across the world. The role reports to the Media Director and is very much empowered to have a serious impact on SCS’s approach to media analytics across the brands SCS represents.
- Work closely with media planning and account strategy teams to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies / approaches that match back to campaign and brand goals and to communicate that based on clients needs.
- Research and define media goals and KPIs aligned with our client’s overall business goals. Ensure that vendors are meeting established goals and KPI benchmarks.
- Monitor and analyze online performance through campaign dashboard and provide strategic optimization recommendations. This includes development and maintenance of the campaign dashboards in SCS’s proprietary data visualization tool.
- Must be able to peel through the layers of reported data, disregard unnecessary information, and delivery high level analysis and insights on a weekly basis, in a constructive and concise manner, to both internal and external client teams.
- Analyze client’s on-site behavior and customer conversion funnel KPIs using Google Analytics and DCM to determine areas of both on-site and campaign improvement for optimal campaign performance
- Analyze creative performance and provide feedback and insights to SCS and client teams for creative optimization
- Support technical implementation and quality assurance [using industry best practices] of digital data sets such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, DCM Floodlight Tags, DCM creative tags, and other data sources needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to foster data-driven strategy and execution
- Keep up to date on industry changes, technologies, channel benchmarks for client’s industry
You are the kind of person who:
- Is skilled at listening to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs
- Delivers unsurpassed customer service
- Demonstrates an agile mindset to embrace, and successfully handle fluid landscapes
- Demonstrates proactive attitude – constantly looking for new vendors, tactics and discussing with the team with an eye toward the future
- Works until the work of the moment is done. May be after 5pm from time to time.
- Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications
- Expert knowledge of DCM, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads Manager and Google AdWords
- Must have experience developing Excel pivot tables and able to use Keynote and/or PowerPoint
- Thought leadership on all aspects of digital advertising, digital media strategy and standard media measurement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey and package technical findings in layman’s terms
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines. Execute high-quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently and exercise sound judgment
- Passionate about analyzing the media of data
- 2-3 years of experience in digital analytics
- Knowledge of Tableau, DOMO, Google Data Studio or other data visualizations and dashboarding tools a plus
- Experience with analytics setup, analysis, reporting, recommendations and strategy
- Experience defining media goals and KPIs
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with media platforms, vendors and processes
- Competence with necessary software platforms for successful completion of duties
- Ability to organize and track client campaigns and projects
- Initiative to analyze resource needs and assist teams to meet milestones
To be considered, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schiefer Chopshop is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.