Social Media Planner/Buyer
Schiefer Chopshop, in Irvine, California, is stirring things up and getting noticed. In late 2016 a 32 year old media agency and a 13 year-old creative/content studio combined to bring together killer creative and storytelling with best-in-class media strategy, planning, buying, measurement, and reporting. SCS is already winning awards [a series of Gold Addy’s and a much coveted Webby] for its work. The only thing missing is you.
Fancy joining a passionate family of creators, innovators, strategists, tacticians, problem solvers and fun havers – a family that works hard, for great global brands, in a great studio environment?
SCS is seeking a Social Media Planner/Buyer with a deep understanding of the current and future social media landscape. Someone who combines creative thinking and strong project management – while maintaining a keen focus on quality – to heighten consumer engagement across all target markets. The position is responsible for implementing, analyzing, and optimizing Paid Social campaigns designed to support ROI-driving tactics. Your focus will to manage and increase scale of paid social campaigns for a global telecommunications brand. This will involve creative thinking, a/b testing, applying industry best practices, all while always employing a data-driven methodology. The role reports to the Media Director and the SVP, Media.
- Daily management of global Paid Social accounts, with focus on maintaining and improving client KPIs, driving conversions and surpassing industry average benchmarks for performance.
- Develop short and long-term goals for the annual campaigns, with strategies to grow the Paid Social annual spend through increase in traffic, CTR and Conversion Rates
- Review and optimize campaign reach and scale, account and campaign structure, CPC bidding strategies, Ad Copy messaging, and image testing.
- Generate high level performance insights and recommendations relative to client campaigns in partnership with Media Director and client team
- Work with client led creative team on optimizations suggestions for both copy and images
- Research and evaluate competitors display ad efforts to identify and implement new opportunities
- Manage weekly and monthly budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Build and maintain strong relationships with social platform account teams and internal agency counterparts
- Assist in developing proposals for paid social media campaigns
- Become proficient in all internal buying and reporting tools [DOMO, Strata]
- Inform internal team members, as well as clients, about opportunities, challenges and marketplace/technology developments
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance regarding social media best practices as a social media expert for clients, team and agency
- Generate and/or supervise the production of client reports, as it pertains to social channels
You are the kind of person who:
- Is skilled at listening to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs
- Delivers unsurpassed customer service
- Demonstrates an agile mindset to embrace, and successfully handle fluid landscapes
- Works until the work of the moment is done. May be after 5pm and rarely needed on weekends.
- Demonstrates superior prioritization skills and ability to change focus on a dime for a given day – there will usually be too much work to get done at any given time, but it all eventually needs to get done
- Expert understanding and experience managing paid social advertising campaigns across multiple platforms, including remarketing, retargeting, look-a-like-audience building, data mining, audience segmentation and Analytics
- Expert understanding of digital media metrics and cost models – CPM, CPC, CPA, CPV
- Strong understanding of Digital Media Math and media planning principles
- Expert knowledge of conversion tracking [pixel placement] and ideas around attribution models.
- Ability to see things from all points of view, not just the Media Buying point of view. This includes billing, finance, account management, creative, tech, and executive management.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems in relation to tactical and strategic budgeting
- Understand brands, business objectives, and how to apply research, best practices, tech/platform knowledge, digital media math, to create cross device, innovative strategies to drive outstanding results
- Interested in the data performance metrics side of social media rather than community/content management
- 2+ years experience with paid social ad campaigns, that include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
- Have a proven track record of providing insights that led to improved campaign performance
- Must have the ability to manage client communication and projects with little supervision
- Must be an expert in Facebook Ads Manager and Power Editor
- Have working knowledge of other social media platforms [Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.]
- Data driven with strong analytical skills
To be considered, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schiefer Chopshop is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.