Sr. Art Director
- The Sr. Art Director is a central part of the team and our culture. You will help lead SCS to be consistently on the forefront of the industry in concept and execution.
- You will be a huge part of developing and implementing the design and art direction for the SCS creative so that it always inspires, and is consistently award worthy.
- You will thrive on coaching other designers and art directors, as well as leading by example with killer work of your own.
- You will also be responsible for the development of presentations and capable of convincingly presenting the rationale behind strategies, concepts and directions to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop original concepts for integrated campaigns that span traditional, digital, social, activation, and emerging media platforms
- Craft and deliver clear, compelling creative presentations to client
- Independently own your own creative — including client presentations
- Inspire the overall art direction process — from the art direction/design of concepts to design of assets if necessary
- Direct and lead designers and art directors as needed, providing clear and direct creative feedback
- Understand and be able to articulate the overall business strategy and consumer landscape of our clients, and how the creative solution delivers on the strategy
- Lead photo shoots and video shoots
- Participate in new business pitches
The Ideal Candidate
- You likely have 5 plus years of experience in award winning design/art direction, and a working passion for culture, art, film, design, technology, and a variety of enthusiast categories.
- You play well with otters and prefer an ego free environment so that you can put your energy into kicking ass rather than watching your back.
- You’ve probably gotten fired up over ideas for everything from display ads, to print, retail, social, microsites, unique OOH, activations, short films, branded content, apps, or whatever fits the challenge.
- You believe the platform is part of the creative.
- You’re not just a great thinker, you’re also strategic, organized, and client focused – while knowing how to help them push the ball forward through their own internal challenges.
- You get just as geeked up working hands on as you do helping direct individuals on projects from start to finish.
- You’re super detail conscious about your work – and others, and probably got a little itchy over the typo in this list.
Minimum 5-years-experience in an agency style setting with the following accomplishments demonstrated:
- Ability to generate original, disruptive “big idea” campaign concepts, in teams and on your own
- Ability to generate ideas for campaign tactics and activations that leverage social media
- Killer HANDS ON art direction for multi-platform campaigns
- Direction for photo shoots and video shoots
- Strong communication skills including the ability to pitch, sell, and present your ideas concisely and persuasively
- Experience and comfort working either solo or in an art director/copywriter team construct
- Experience and comfort working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience mentoring and/or directing designers
- Strong knowledge of the overall advertising landscape, including trending campaigns, brands
- An eye for evaluating the creative merits of photography, art, film, editorial, music, and those who create it.
- Hands-on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Keynote skills
- Strong knowledge and/or personal use of emerging digital platforms (e.g., VR, AR, Live Video, Snapchat, etc.), with an understanding of how brands can leverage each.
- Compensation based upon experience
- Position is salaried
- Position is full-time
- Position offers all other benefits as defined in SCS employee handbook
- Annual review
- This position will be located in Irvine, CA.
To be considered, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Schiefer Chopshop is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.